Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Maxidas won't communicate with 99 Chrysl...
Maxidas won't communicate with 99 Chrysler Sebring

4057 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-18 11:41:29

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    Cford1
    2015-09-12 21:11:25
      Just tried to communicate with a 99 Sebring today. When I entered the year make and Model it promoted me to use Mitsubishi connector and software so I backed out and used the Mitsubishi connector which looks like the obd2 connector and used the Mitsubishi software. However it failed to communicate however it will communicate with generic obd2  and my old brick snap on scanner. Please help? Thanks  

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-13 00:34:21 (Reply to:Cford1)

Did you use the Maxidas Chrysler 16 pin adapter, some times referred to as a CCD Adapter (Chrysler Collision Detection) Adapter ?For  All the older Sebrings and Chrysler models before 2001 I usually choose to use the Chrysler adapter, sometimes it prompts you to . I am running older software  on my DS708.
       I"m speculating that  real late in 2014 to  early in 2015 , some Suit and Tie types after a scare in a court deposition with Ford walked into the building and had a Gestapo style meeting and told all the software writing folk they had to get rid of the logos and that all the OE software that was once basically reverse engineered from start to end with some cosmetic changes , now had to get re engineered from the middle of it with group A responsible for re engineering software from middle to beginning  and group B responsible for re engineering software from middle to end , Kinda like like that TV commercial where the Twix Candy bar is made in 2 different sides of the  factory that compete and think their side of the candy bar side is different, LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Y3dAS-5u8

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    Cford1
    2015-09-13 09:16:45 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thanks witsend I did not try that. I didn't see that connector in there. I will try that again today with that connector. Should I use the Chrysler software then or the Mitsubishi software?  Thanks again. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-13 09:46:17 (Reply to:Cford1)

Here in the US , I use the Chrysler software and the Chrysler 16 adapter for the DS708 on older Chrysler models .I actually have an extra Maxidas Chrysler 16 adapter like new that I would sell someone for $25 plus shipping costs if anyone doesn't already have one. I ordered it at same time I ordered my DS708 and found that my DS 708 already had one included in the case and now have 2. I think I used the extra one at one time  to level a side shelf of computer desk of my desktop PC after side shelf  lost a caster wheel . LOL. This what adapter looks like.
    http://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Adapter-Autel-Maxidas-Ds708/dp/B00F06RKHU

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    Cford1
    2015-09-13 14:05:46 (Reply to:witsend)
     I have one with the set. I am currently trying to hook up now. It sure does take awhile for it to Lync up in auto scan. Thanks again I will let u know how it turns out. 

•   Level 2   
    (24) points
    Cford1
    2015-09-13 19:44:40 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thanks witsend I finally got it to communicate. Thanks again for the help. 

•   Level 4   
    (113) points
    Brendan

2015-10-15 23:47:49 (Reply to:witsend)

Yeah, ALL the after market scan tools engineers do reverse engineering on OEM scan tools and software ,hello, OEM, Autel not the only one, only Ford $$$ lawyer guys got pissed off at autel china and took them to court, good luck Ford, free market.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-10-17 23:20:47 (Reply to:Brendan)

There is no other way around it . If the command code is not the same exact code as the OE code the vehicle ECMs are not going to do what you tell it to do. You can only rearrange the  scanner format , appearance , and wording to make it appear that  things are different than the OE tool.
       I may be wrong but, I think a lot of OE's were pissed at Autel and  may have sent cease and desist warnings about doing 3rd party distribution of their subscription based j2534  programming and repair software the OE's felt  crossed the thresh hold  line of regular right to repair aftermarket software , but didn't follow the path of Ford because the stakes were too  high and monetary rewards too low (unlike the USA where lawyers ask for  ridiculous damages that China would Scoff and laugh at  ) The OE's do not want to jepardize cheap labor and R&D for their new plants  in China . I feel, Autel agreed to remove logos of  all the OE's and dropped Ford and GM j2534 programming access from Autel's server for the Maxi Sys Pro before anymore hats got thrown in the ring .Really surprised about BMW and Mercedes . Maybe Some of the R&D engineers might be in Bed with BMW and Mercedes in China for software  development that the j2534 programming files are actually available from Autel's server for Maxi SysPro download.

•   Level 4   
    (113) points
    Brendan

2015-10-18 11:41:29 (Reply to:witsend)

True, I agree. If they don't do the code like OEM< data pids won't be correct, bi-directional won't work.  I'm glad I did not by the maxisys mini or pro. But I really like the concept of the tools and capabilities, and price. I just picked up a used ds708 and started using it. It's got issues and their is NO WAY I am going to pay for an update now after what I have learned. By the way, I worked for Vetronix back in 2002  BEFORE BOSCH bought them out doing s/w verification and validation on their master tech domestic scan tool s/w  and they ALWAYS had problems with s/w bugs after they started having India workers do the s/w code and updates, when it was done here in US very few problems with s/w.
  Total1 Pages